When: Thursday 20 October 2016, 6 to 9 pm
Where: Toffee Factory, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 2DF
Green Belt development, Brexit, Rewilding, Food Security…it seems like the countryside is never out of the news and rarely without controversy. This event will seek to explore some of these issues through the simple question, “What is the North East countryside for?” The event is hosted by the Landscape Institute North East with the following distinguished speakers:
- Richard Bramley: Arable Farmer from Yorkshire. 2013 winner of the RSPB Nature of Farming Award (Northern)
- Cara Courage: Senior Advisor, Natural England
- Merrick Denton-Thompson: President of the Landscape Institute
- Ged Lawson: Principal Landscape Architect, Durham County Council
- Steve Pullen: Lead Advisor, Natural England and National Treasurer, CIEEM
Each speaker will give a response to this question, followed by discussion and debate.
The event is free and open to all but booking is necessary and will be on a first come, first served basis. Follow the link secure your place http://tinyurl.com/zrcddvp.